Annette Vartanian is our Guest blogger for the week, where she shares some of her seasoned fashion advice with our Kandy Kiss audience. As the queen of Vintage, and the founder of ‘A Vintage Splendor’ – her words about classic style mean more to us than anyone else’s. Read more about Annette and check out her website here.
Is there anything more perfect than a button-down shirt, blazer, and skinny jeans? I think not. It’s the classic, yet sophisticated style that women everywhere – French girls included –
rockon the chicest streets. The basic principles of achieving this timeless look are quite simple. The art of looking chic is easy and while I love the usual simple pieces, I love adding a little flair to the mix. With these 6 pieces, you can keep things simple, without taking a trip to Snoozeville. You can count of these pieces to give you the classic style you want with a happy dose of personality.
1. Silk blouse. A classic cotton button up is one thing, but a button down in silk gives your look that je nais se quo.
2. Slim fit leg jeans. There’s nothing quite as versatile as a classic pair of slim fit jeans. Roll up the hemline to take it up a notch.
3. D’Orsay flats. A d’Orsay cut is a lovely choice. If you’re more of a stiletto gal, opt for a pump with laser cut details or asymmetrical vamp.
4. Blazer. A blazer never goes out of style. A contrast trim on a blazer makes a statement from the ordinary.
5. Satchel. A bag in a timeless shape is just as important as an outfit with timeless appeal. If you’re a traditional gal, opt for black or camel. If you love to add a bit of flair, go for blue or red.
6. Red lips. A classic outfit wouldn’t be complete without a bright red lip. This classic style is something we all aspire for whether it’s defining our go-to style or as the default look for those days when we have nothing to wear.