Laura Mueseler is our guest blogger for the week, where she shares some of her fashion advice with our Kandy Kiss audience. She’s sharing with us her favorite five ways to style sneakers to look trendy and comfortable at the same time! Read more about Laura and her blog here.
When it comes to shoes, sneakers have become a major player in the shoe closest of fashionistas, and for good reason; they can be dressed up or down and are beyond comfortable! From slip-ons to high tops and everything in between, this comfortable yet trendy shoe has been making a big statement and I don’t see them going anywhere just yet. Here are my 5 favorite ways to style the sneaker:
1. For a casual sporty look try pairing your sneakers with jeans and a chambray shirt. This denim on denim outfit is minimal, chic and totally ideal for a day spent running errands!
2. Swap out your sandals for a pair of sneakers during the warmer months. I love the look of faux leather shorts paired with sneakers, it’s a little unexpected but very refined.
3. Go matchy-matchy. There are so many gorgeous sneakers that are available in every color under the rainbow. Try matching the color of your sneakers to your accessories for a polished look.
4. Try for an urban prep vibe. Who says sneakers can’t be preppy? I love the look of a trouser with stylish sneakers all topped off with a collared shirt and sweater.
5. Dress them up! Trade in you heels for a pair of stylish sneakers during the day. Dress them up with a dress or skirt and a finish off the outfit with a leather moto jacket.