Long layers are popular now more than ever before. Celebrity hair stylist Harry Josh, shared his favorite long layer cutting technique with Elle Magazine, he simply “cuts a few short pieces for a ‘little bit of face framing’ but keeps the rest “long, with thin, tapered ends.”
Our favorite long layered look is the luscious loose wave look that you see upon the beautiful Blake Lively and the breath taking Gisele Bündchen. And we’re here to share how to achieve those perfect, loose waves at home:
- Before drying your hair, use a heat-protective serum. Blow dry thoroughly.
- Use a large barrel curling iron (2-4 in. barrel). The larger the barrel of the curling iron, the more “looseness” will be added to your curl.
- When curling your hair, simply wrap the hair around the barrel in a spiral motion. Do not touch the hair until after you have curled your head of hair.
- Lastly, once you have curled every strand upon your head, run your fingers through your hair, separating the pieces and there you have it, luscious loose waves that will enhance the look of any outfit.
- Optional: add Moroccan oil to the ends of your hair for hydration and to keep it from breaking off, then lightly spray with hairspray to guarantee a long lasting, 12-hour look.