As Thanksgiving and the holidays are rapidly approaching, think of all of the things that you are grateful for. Think of your health, your beauty (inside and out), and all of the love and affection that surrounds you. Surely you will have some holiday parties to attend, and with that comes finding the perfect sparkly outfit, the perfect updo, and the perfect shade of lipstick and shoes to match. As girls, it’s easy to get caught up in our external beauty, but it’s important to know that we don’t need to! Each and every one of us possesses a unique internal beauty unlike anyone else. That’s what makes us who we are, not solely the outfits we wear. So this week at Kandy Kiss, we want to bring you some of our favorite and empowering beauty quotes to keep your priorities in order:
1. Marc Jacobs: “I always find beauty in things that are odd & imperfect–they are much more interesting.”
2. Coco Channel: “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.”
3. Audrey Hepburn: “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others. For beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness. And for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”
4. Sophia Loren: “Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful.”
5. Miley Cyrus: “Imperfections equal beauty. We’re all imperfect.”
Beauty can be defined in so many ways to a numerous amount of people. Now don’t get us wrong, we aren’t saying don’t buy the shoes that take your Thanksgiving dinner dress to the next level. We just want you to remember that exterior looks are not so important in the grand scheme of things. We know it’s easy to get caught up in the glam life, and we’re here to keep you grounded and remind of you to just be you without the external pressure. So this week, everyone here at Kandy Kiss encourages you to cultivate and think about all of the beautiful things in life that you are thankful for, and to remember that although it is fun to get dress up and dazzle everyone with your perfectly pinned hair, red lips, and your little black (holiday) dress, keep in mind that nothing shines brighter, and is more beautiful, than a grateful heart.